Several sailors from HMCS WASAGA take a break at the HMC NAVAL CAMP located seven miles outside of St. John’s, NF in 1942. The rest camp was established for the sailors from the escort ships to get away from shipboard life while in port. Sailors in this photo, MacDonald, Wm Black, Wm Weaver, S. Morris, Jack Glass.
Roger Litwiller Collection, courtesy Ross Milligan, RCNR. (RTL-RM291)