I have completed the ballasting of the main yard for my layout, the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale.
In the photo you can see the general layout of the yard area. The engine terminal and shops are located behind the yard in the top of the photo. The entrance to the VIA Rail passenger yard is visible in the bottom left.
The yard tacks are arranged from left to right;
- Track 1 -runaround track, access to engine terminal and passenger yard.
- Track 2 -yard engine parking/staging of road engines
- Tracks 3-6 -arrival/departure tracks
- Tracks 7-16 -collection/sorting tracks
- Tracks 17-18 -double main line
- Track 19 -passenger station siding
- Track 20-21 -GO Transit yard
The entire area is 26 inches wide and 60 inches long. Curves on the mainline are 18 inch minimum radius.
Now I will move on to laying grass and scenery in the green areas. These areas will form a border between the yard and mainline.
Related Posts: Ballasting the Freight Yard -Trenton Subdivision in N Scale